Makes 4 Burgers
A different version of the typical grilled burger.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon each Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 piece Feta cheese, big enough to get four 3/4 inch square blocks
- Heat your grill outside to high
- Put the lamb, onion, mint, oregano, salt & pepper into a bowl and mix really well
- Separate lamb mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties using the feta squares as the center – get it?
- Grill until done and evenly cooked – the cheese might leak a bit – if so, no big deal
- I like to serve them without a bun