Oh my god! This is so good it could easily be the national dish of the Philippines (and Sam the Cooking Guy)
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine soy, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar, garlic and bay leaves in the bottom of a large pot.
- Place chicken skin side down in pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately turn down to a simmer and cover with lid
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and turn chicken over and simmer for an additional 20 – 30 minutes
- Serve with steamed rice