Serves 2-3 as a meal/maybe 5 as an appetizer
I used to make this a different way, until my friend Mark (you’ll remember him from the Potatoes Anna) helped to inspire this more flavorful version. I have always been a proponent of keeping a bag of frozen shell-on and de-veined shrimp in the freezer, and this recipe proves my point beautifully. At the absolute last minute you can have an awesome, delicious and fun meal. But it’s a shame to eat these alone – turn them into a party.
- 1 lb. shrimp (21-25/lb) or larger
- 1.5 sticks butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp each: crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 bottle beer
- Melt 1 stick of butter with garlic over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and spices – turn over when shrimp are pink.
- When shrimp are cooked, add remainder of butter, beer, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice – heat through.
- Serve with lots of cold bottled beer, warm crusty bread and newspaper as placemats.
- Lots of napkins too.