Sour cream and green onions are classic right? Wait until you try it with hot dogs. You’ll be wondering why you haven’t done this sooner…
- 4 hot dogs – go Kosher, you’ll thank me later
- 4 hot dog buns
- 8 heaping tablespoons of good sour cream
- 1 bunch of green onions (or scallions for you East Coasters), finely chopped.
- Do small cuts across the hot dog, spaced about 1/2″ apart. This will create pockets when the dogs cook.
- Boil or grill your dogs until plump and juicy looking. About 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns until they get slightly brown.
- Spread 2 good tablespoons of sour cream on top of each of the toasted buns. Add the dog and sprinkle with green onions.
- Take a picture, send it to your friends, and eat.