Makes 12 small pretzels
Okay so it’s not really a recipe as much as it is a really, really tasty party trick. If you got people coming over and have a can of breadsticks lying around, don’t make breadsticks–make these.
- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp of water
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp prepared horseradish (depending on how strong you like it)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Pop open the can of breadsticks and roll them out individually into long strands. About 24 inches in length.
- Grab each side of the dough and hold it up in a ‘U’ shape. Fling the middle together so that it twists together and lay it down on the counter before it can unravel (it’s one quick motion). Press the ends down on the bottom of the pretzel. Yea, this step is hard but who are you trying to impress? They’ll be just as tasty if they’re ugly.
- Place pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush the top of pretzels with egg white then sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Mix mustard, honey, and horseradish in a small bowl for dipping.